Kawasaki just launched the 2021 Versys 1000 in Europe. Now, the entry version is the Versys 1000 S. The top of the line Versys 1000 SE now gets the Showa Skyhook suspension.
The main highlight is the Kawasaki Electronically Controlled Suspension (KECS), a system adopted in the Versys 1000 SE. It uses Showa’s Skyhook technology, which offers a more comfortable and pleasant ride.
The Versys 1000 S version has all the features of the top-of-the-line model, with the exception of the KECS system.
In addition, the models received new colors. The Versys 1000 SE will be available in the colors Emerald Blazed Green (green) and Emerald Storm Gray (gray). The Versys 1000 S has the same color options.
Main features of 2021 Versys 1000 S and SE
The 2021 Kawasaki Versys 1000 S and SE has a 4 cylinder inline engine and 1,043 cm³ with liquid cooling, capable of generating up to 120 HP of maximum power and 10.4 kgfm / 102Nm of torque.
Other highlights include:
- KCMF (Kawasaki Cornering Management Function) – Using the latest evolution of Kawasaki’s advanced modelling software and feedback from a compact Bosch IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit), KCMF monitors engine and chassis parameters throughout the corner – from entry, through the apex, to corner exit – modulating brake force and engine power to facilitate smooth transition from acceleration to braking and back again, and to assist riders in tracing their intended line through the corner.
- Smartphone connectivity – Complementing the Versys 1000 SE TFT panel, there is a Bluetooth chip integrated into the instrument panel that allows riders to connect to their wireless motorcycle. Using the smartphone application “RIDEOLOGY THE APP”, various functions of the instrument can be accessed, contributing to an enhanced motorcycle experience.
- TFT Full colour instrument panel – Compact digital TFT color instrumentation gives the cockpit a high-tech, high-standard appearance. The high-level color display features TFT (thin film transistor) technology, providing a high level of visibility. The background color of the screen is selectable (black or white) and the brightness of the screen automatically adjusts to suit the available light.
- Grip heaters – Grip heaters provide increased comfort on cold days. They fully enclose the grips, ensuring excellent warmth.
- Electronic Throttle – Electronic throttle valves allow the ECU to control the volume of fuel (via fuel injectors) and air (via throttle valves) delivered to the engine. The optimum position of the throttle and fuel injection valve results in a smooth and natural engine response and optimum engine power.
- Full-LED lighting – From dual headlights and compact LED turn signals to LED rear light and LED license plate lamp, Versys 1000 offers a fully LED lighting package.
- LED turn lights – The lights built into the side fairings help to illuminate the road when cornering at night. Each of the three lights has a fixed direction and is activated based on the angle of inclination.
- Adjustable windshield – Complementing the greater wind protection offered by the front fairing of the Versys 1000, the continuously adjustable windshield can be customized according to the rider’s preference, contributing to a comfortable road trip. The height of the windshield can be easily adjusted from the driver’s seat.
- Electronic cruise control – Kawasaki’s cruise control system allows the desired speed to be maintained at the touch of a button. Once activated, the pilot does not need to apply the accelerator constantly. This reduces stress on the right hand when traveling long distances, allowing for a smooth ride and contributing to a high level of driving comfort.
- Integrated riding modes – The Versys 1000 SE comes standard with integrated riding modes, allowing the selection of three modes that automatically combine traction control and power settings best suited for sport, road, rain and pilot mode (manual) .
- KTRC (Kawasaki Traction Control) – Three modes cover a wide range of riding conditions, offering enhanced sport riding performance or peace of mind under certain conditions to handle slippery surfaces with confidence.
- KIBS (Kawasaki Intelligent Anti-Lock Brake System) – Kawasaki’s high-precision supersport-level brake management system is now standard equipment on the Versys 1000. This is the same basic system used on the Ninja H2 and Ninja ZX-10R, with revised programming and settings to suit Versys 1000 street performance and travel suspension parameters.
- Radially mounted front brake calipers – The 310 mm front discs are now held in place by highly rigid, radially mounted monobloc calipers, complemented by a radial pump front brake master cylinder, contributing to an excellent feel and formidable stopping power.
- KECS with Showa Skyhook technology (SE version) – For 2021, the Versys 1000 SE benefits from an update to its KECS (Kawasaki Electronic Control Suspension). Featuring Kawasaki’s first use of Showa’s Skyhook technology, the new suspension offers a smoother ride for the rider and passenger, contributing to greater comfort and pleasure. The Skyhook concept imagines a hook supporting the motorcycle’s suspended weight and modulates the suspension’s damping force to allow the wheels to track the falls and bumps encountered, maintaining the vertical position of the motorcycle with minimal disturbance.