BMW launched the 2021 model of the R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure in Europe. It arrives more refined and sophisticated, in addition to the new color scheme ‘Rally’ Anniversary “40 Years GS” edition.
The 2021 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure have ‘Dynamic Traction Control – DTC’, ‘Integral ABS Pro’, USB charger and new ‘ECO’ driving mode as standard.
In addition, the following are offered as options: Pro Riding Modes, Dynamic Motor Brake Control, ‘Hill Start Control Pro (HSC Pro)’, adaptive LED headlights, seat heating for pilot and passenger and increased height of the handlebars.
The colors offered are: Solid white and Solid gray. As an option, there is the ‘triple black’ style and the ‘Rally’, the latter to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the BMW GS models. The “40 Years GS” edition in black and yellow is based on a milestone in the history of GS: the legendary R 100 GS.
Finally, the engine remains the boxer with 2 cylinders and 1,254 cm³, with BMW ShiftCam technology, capable of generating up to 136 HP of maximum power and 14.5 kgfm / 143Nm of torque at 6,250 rpm.
Highlights of the new BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure
- Original boxer engine with BMW ShiftCam technology to vary valve control times and valve lift on the intake side.
- Powerful acceleration over the entire speed range, exemplary consumption and emission values, as well as smooth, quiet operation.
- Power and torque: 100 kW (136 CV) at 7 750 rpm and 143 Nm at 6,250 rpm.
- Knock sensor system for optimised touring capability
- New BMW Motorrad ‘Integral ABS Pro’ as standard.
- Three riding modes as standard.
- New “Eco” riding mode for a particularly economical driving as standard.
- Pro riding modes with additional riding modes and new riding mode preselection as well as dynamic engine brake control as optional equipment ex works.
- Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) as standard.
- Dynamic ESA “Next Generation” electronic chassis with fully automatic load compensation.
- Hill Start Control Pro (HSC Pro) with advanced function as optional equipment from the factory.
- New adaptive all-LED headlamp as optional equipment from the factory.
- New lighting functions, cruise light and turn signal lamps integrated as optional factory equipment.
- Vehicle voltage and USB sockets as standard.
- Seat heating for pilot and passenger for greater travel and touring capability as optional factory equipment.
- Handlebar risers by 30 mm as optional equipment ex works.
- In addition to the standard seat height adjustment, a wide range of factory seat height options.
- Connectivity: Multifunctional instrument cluster with 6.5 inch color TFT display and various features as standard on the R 1250 GS.
- Smart emergency call as optional factory equipment.
- An attractive basic color and the two variants: ‘triple black’ and factory ‘Rally’ style as optional equipment.
- Anniversary “40 Years GS” edition.
- Wide range of optional equipment and original BMW Motorrad accessories.