Yamaha launched in Europe a commemorative painting for the 2022 model of the R1, R7, R3 and R125 sports bikes, in commemoration of the 60th anniversary of participation in the World GP.
Just like Yamaha’s famous World Championship winning machinery, the World GP 60th Anniversary R1, R7, R3 and R125 feature pure white bodywork with a strong horizontal red stripe and white vertical lines creating the red speed block.
This authentic race bike color scheme features an all-red front fender and gold-coloured wheels just like winning Yamaha’s factory bikes, and this timeless look is completed with a yellow front number plate, an anniversary emblem and a red stripe running along the top of the fuel tank and the tail.
Since Yamaha made its GP debut in 1961, the company has achieved over 500 Grand Prix race wins with legendary riders including Read, Ivy, Saarinen, Agostini, Roberts, Lawson, Rainey, Lorenzo and Rossi, and more recently Quartararo – and these historic racing colors highlight the connection between Yamaha’s race bikes and every R-Series model.
And to commemorate the special anniversary, all Yamaha motorcycles participating in the WorldSBK World Superbike Championship (both in the main category and in Supersport) will compete in the races in Catalunya this weekend with the new livery.
In addition, Toprak Razgatlioglu, Andrea Locatelli, Garrett Gerloff and Kohta Nozane will also be wearing leather clothes, boots and special gloves in the new colors, while the team’s staff will also have a new red and white kit for the weekend.
Despite the new commemorative colors, the 2022 model of R1, R7, R3 and R125 do not feature any mechanical or design modifications.
R1 World GP 60th Anniversary highlights
- 998cc, 200 HP, crossplane, 4-cylinder engine
- Highly advanced electronic control systems
- 6-axis IMU with Gyro/G sensors for 3D motion data
- Power Delivery Modes (PWR)
- Banking sensitive Traction Control (TCS) / Slide Control (SCS)
- Quick Shift System (QSS)
- Two-mode brake control (BC) cornering ABS
- Three-mode Engine Brake Management (EBM) system
- Ride-by-wire APSG throttle
- Short wheelbase aluminium Deltabox frame
- Upward truss type swingarm/magnesium rear frame
- Magnesium wheels and 17-litre aluminium fuel tank
- Thin Film Transistor (TFT) LCD instruments
- M1-style bodywork
R7 World GP 60th Anniversary highlights
- Compact, high-torque, 689cc, CP2 crossplane technology engine
- Ultra-compact design with pure R-Series DNA
- Highly aerodynamic full fairing with aluminium lower cover
- High specification inverted 41 mm front forks
- Link-type Monocross rear suspension with newly designed shock
- A&S clutch
- Lightweight tubular frame with aluminium centre brace for tuned chassis rigidity
- Clip-on handlebars and lightweight rearsets with stylish heel guards
- Sporty and adaptable tucked-in riding position
- Aggressive R-Series twin-eye face with LED position lights
- Powerful central LED headlight
- Lightweight 10-spoke cast alloy wheels
- Radial mount front brake calipers with Brembo radial master cylinder
- Supersport cockpit design with full LCD instruments
- Central M-shaped front air duct
- Powerful 298 mm front and 245 mm rear brakes
- Slimline 13-litre fuel tank with deeply sculpted knee indents
- R-series style tail
- 120/70 front tyre, 190/55 rear tyre
R3 World GP 60th Anniversary highlights
- Ultimate Yamaha lightweight supersport
- High-revving 321cc inline 2-cylinder liquid cooled DOHC 4-valve EU5 engine
- Compact and lightweight, high-tensile tubular steel chassis
- Radical M1 MotoGP® inspired styling
- R1 style dual LED headlamps and position lamps
- Sculpted fuel tank and low handlebars for excellent sports ergonomics
- 37 mm inverted front forks and Monocross rear shock
- Multi-function LCD instruments with easy-to-read displays
- Refined performance with outstanding reliability and excellent economy
- Balanced 50/50 weight distribution for agile handling
- R-series DNA
R125 World GP 60th Anniversary highlights
- High-tech 125 cc EU5 engine with Variable Valve Actuation
- Excellent combustion efficiency
- Compact Deltabox frame
- Lightweight aluminum swingarm
- Assist & Slipper (A&S) clutch for optimum controllability
- R-series LED twin-eye body design
- 11-litre fuel tank
- M1 MotoGP-inspired cockpit layout
- High-visibility LCD instruments
- Sporty and comfortable riding position
- Wide 140-section rear tire
- Outstanding braking performance
Availability and price
Deliveries of the R-Series World GP 60th Anniversary models to European Yamaha dealers will commence from November 2021. Yamaha says that prices vary per region, so you should contact the national Yamaha distributor for full information.
For more information about Yamaha Motor Europe, access https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gb/en/products/motorcycles/.