BMW presents the new 2021 C 400 X and C 400 GT Scooters in Europe
BMW introduced the new 2021 medium-sized Scooters C 400 X and C 400 GT in Europe. They arrive with a revised design, updated technology and new colors.
The BMW C 400 X is a scooter with a more urban mobility in mind, offering comfort and practicality for everyday use. The C 400 GT (from Gran Turismo) offers a more road-oriented package.
Above all, for 2021, the models got an engine approved for the new Euro5 anti-pollution standard, with electronic accelerator (E-gas), new engine management and optimized centrifugal clutch.
In addition, they now have Automatic Stability Control, with automatic radius calibration and higher quality of regulation, that is, there is no need for manual calibration, for example, when changing tires.
New front brake calipers and the adjusted front and rear brake lever travel allow for safer braking.
Finally, the models received two attractive new colors each, as well as the “Sport” (C 400 X) and “Triple Black” (C 400 GT) style variants, which cost € 200.00 more.
Design and Engine
The BMW C 400 X and C 400 GT have a very aggressive design, with well-defined edges. The front optical set has LED lighting and daytime running lighting (DRL). The seat has two levels with blue details on the ‘X’ model and lumbar support for the pilot on the ‘GT’ model. In addition, the latter also has a larger windshield.
The engine is a 350 cm³ single cylinder with liquid cooling, capable of generating up to 25 kW (34 HP) of maximum power at 7,500 rpm and 3.5 kgfm / 35Nm of torque at 5,750 rpm. The gearbox is an automatic CVT and the dry weight is 202 kg.
All new features of the BMW C 400 X and C 400 GT at a glance:
- Powerful single-cylinder drive according to EU-5 homologation with E-gas, new engine management and optimized centrifugal clutch.
- Optimized idling behavior.
- Automatic Stability Control (ASC) with automatic radius calibration and increased regulation quality.
- Brake system with new front brake calipers, clearly defined pressure point and adjusted lever travel of front and rear brakes.
- Seat storage compartment with optimized lighting and USB charging socket in the front right storage compartment.
- Two new attractive colors each as well as the style variants “Sport” (C 400 X) and “Triple Black” (C 400 GT).
Anyway, the BMW C 400 X is sold in the UK for from £ 6,545. We remind you that the Honda Forza 350 is sold there from £ 5,469.